Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today I had the exciting opportunity to pluck the first gray hair from my head. I had no idea that it was such a delight to lean over the sink in the bathroom only to look up and notice a glaring gray strand in your hair screaming, "You may think you're only 22, but you're getting older by the second, and you're going to die alone!!!" The hair actually specified that there were three exclamation points after that sentence. There was nothing to do but call my friend who (bless him) has been graying since tenth grade, though his gray hairs look peppered and distinguished, like Anderson Cooper. Mine look like I'm growing a wart on the end of my nose and my skin is turning green.
Also, due to the fact that my life is so action-packed, I read an entire book this evening, which I suppose was slightly more thought provoking than watching another episode of House Hunters, a show which is reminiscent of a five-paragraph essay-- intro, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion. The book was Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner, and it was hilarious in all of the truths that it tendered. It has the distinct honor of being the only book written in my "Books I Have Read" notebook that I put three stars next to. I'm not sure what those three stars mean, but it is something good, I assure you.

3 comments:

PeaceLoveMath said...

I think your blog subtitle needs to be revised. A chronicle can't go through the literary world; it would be OF the literary world, right?

I haven't had any grey hair yet, but I have plucked multiple pitch-black wire hairs. Every couple of months I finish doing my hair, and there is one just poking way out and standing up unnaturally, and it's all unevenly wavy even though I've just finished using the straightener, and it is as thick as five hairs fused together. I think I'm gradually developing Mom's old wiry hair.

Jane said...

I would love to have some of that wiry hair back...

J said...

i think hannah's blog subtitle needs to be revised if only because it's chock full of so much more than a literary world that we can't even pass through.