Monday, November 10, 2008

Disbelief Buttresses

I have fo' real been behind in my reading this month. It is already the 10th and I have only finished one book (Lirael) so far in November, and I started that book at the end of October. I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I did very much enjoy it, though. I love series. I love a long story that is in depth. I need a lot of information to buttress my suspension of disbelief. The more details an author can give me, the more willing I am to believe in a world that an author has created, and Garth Nix does a good job of this. I have just started on the third book in the series. I hope that with my day off tomorrow I can make a serious dent in Abhorsen. A serious dent... like the dent Edward put in that van that was about to hit Bella... 11 days until Twilight!
I blame my lack of reading on the first two seasons of Weeds that my aunt loaned to me. I already watched them both and have started on the third. It's an interesting show. Bizarre. And only getting bizarrer, but I really like it. Unique characters, totally odd situations-- love it.

No comments: