Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Book!

I know that I said that I couldn't take any more fantasy right now, but the third book in the Inheritance series finally came in for me at the library, so I had to take it, lest I lose it to the person behind me and have to go to the bottom of the long long list. I read Eragon and Eldest over the summer on a whim, and, while they're not my favorite, far be it from me to ever leave a series unfinished. You're reading the blog of the girl who read all 11 of the Gossip Girl novels. I have a high tolerance for these sorts of things... not that Eragon and Eldest even approached the coma inducing powers of Gossip Girl, I'm just saying.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some loose ends tie up in Brisingr (yeah... that's the title), though I read somewhere that while this was supposed to be the last book in the series, Christopher Paolini thinks he's going to need another book to adequetly finish his story. I'm a bit suspicious of this. Personally, I would sacrifice some nit-picky details for a concise story, and it makes me a little sad to think of authors writing more books just for the money (who am I kidding, if I got a book deal I would quit everything and write all day). I guess that I'm okay with it, because it means I still have something literary to look forward to now that Harry Potter is over.

2 comments:

PeaceLoveMath said...

Yeah, I thought I had heard that he decided he couldn't fit it all into one more book and had split it into two books. But then I thought everyone was assuming that Brisingr was the last book anyway...who knows.

I don't want to read it right now, or I'd ask you to let me read it before you return it...I'll joing the waiting list soon so I can read it in a few months.

PeaceLoveMath said...

PS: is "Coma-inducing" a good or a bad quality in a book series?