Sunday, November 2, 2008

This American Life Forsakes Me Again

The main problem with working in a library is that I can write down books I want to read much much faster than I can read them. It is mostly a problem, and it is illustrated, too, as I sit on my bed this afternoon listening to This American Life. Ohh... that reminds me-- we just got the first season of This American Life in at the library. I have to request that. Anyway, I'm cutting out recepies that I want to try from my Paris Gourmet magazine, laughing uproarously at David Sedaris when I realize that I have never read a David Sedaris book!
And just like that, I have five new books on my reading list. I know that others out there have read David Sedaris, and perhaps could help me to narrow my list down, or at least decide what to read first.

Otherwise, most of the reading I got done today was chapter 10 in my math book, which was terrible. You may ask me, "Hannah, do you care at all about/have any interest in modular arithmetic?" and my answer would be no. In fact, on a scale of one to I believe that modular arithmetic is pointless, I would have to say that modular arithmetic is pointless.

I did read Lirael for a while today. Currently the story is being told from the prince's POV, and he's a whiny little bitch. I wish I would get back to Lirael's story, which is awesome because she's a kick-ass, strong, independent girl. Like Buffy.

2 comments:

Katy said...

you MUST read naked first. it is his best and most brilliant. barrel fever can wait until later. when i am engulfed in flames is better than dress your family in corduroy and denim. me talk pretty one day can probably wait, too.

so, again, NAKED! then flames, then denim, then barrel and pretty.

PeaceLoveMath said...

Han, I own Naked. It should be at the house somewhere.

Also, I knew Katy would be able to help :-)

And now I am hoping our new president elect will do his speech before the large Manhattan I just finished drinking knocks me out for the night.